THE EMERGING SOUND exists to train and equip the next generation of songwriters and worshippers.
Jesus made disciples by walking with those He called. He said, "I am the way (John 14:6) " and asked us to follow Him. It is our hope to follow Jesus well and by using His teaching example, fulfill His commandment (Mat 28:19:20).
A TEAM comprised of the founder, Jennie Lee Riddle, members of the People & Songs Community, and invited quest teachers have assembled to train students by walking with them through the process of songwriting, singing, living a lifestyle of worship, and serving others.
We do this through:
- Daily Chapel - A rich, life-giving environment of worship, teaching, God's word, communion, testimony, and fellowship.
- General Assembly - Fun, interactive opportunity to play, showcase work, applaud each others growth, and learn from one another.
- Core Groups - Approximately 8 persons (2 leaders and six students). These core-groups live together, pray together, and eat most meals together.
- Break-Outs - An array of skill specific training to strengthen areas of need in our young creatives (theory, production, guitar, harmony and blend, team dynamics)
- Large Group Classes - Professional level training in worship leading, song-writing and vocal strengthening.
- Writing Circles - Multiple collaboration opportunities at the pro-level in small, skill-level based Writing Circles. These circles rotate daily with different students, teachers and interns to provide a balanced and rounded experience.
- Private Lessons - Private lessons are offered in Vocal, Guitar, Production, Theory & Arranging, Stage Presence and Presentation.
Our Philosophy demands that we give ourselves to the training of others towards the fulfillment of the Great Commission. The TEAM purposes to walk side-by-side with the students all week in a life-giving and fully-engaged way. In an era of social media connectivity, we have never been so isolated and separate. this is our way if getting back to grass-roots discipleship. It is our hope to spark a flame of Kingdom inspiration, godly unity, and true friendship in the hearts of young creatives that extend far beyond our time together - to be specific - we hope to impact lives to serve passionately serve Jesus until He is met face to face.
This single focus, and her all-consuming love for Jesus and His Bride, leads Jennie Lee Riddle to intentionally invest herself widely in the Kingdom.
She is a passionate worship leader, team trainer, songwriter, and conference speaker. She is honored as a six-time Dove award nominee and three-time Dove award winner, top ten CCLI songwriter, and multiple BMI award winner for top 25 radio. She is best known for authoring Phillip, Craig and Dean’s gold-certified #1 hit single “Revelation Song” along with several other songs like “When The Stars Burn Down,” “Hope of the Broken World,” "The One that Really Matters," and “Mystery of Faith,” to name a few. Numerous artists have covered Jennie’s songs, including Kari Jobe; Gateway Worship; Selah; Newsboys; Jesus Culture; Michael W. Smith; Dustin Smith; Travis Cotrell; NewSong; Shane & Shane; Superchick; Rebecca St. James; JJ Heller; Glen Packiam; Jared Anderson; Michael English; Matt Papa and many others.
Her songs have been carried by the largest Christian tours including Passion and Winter Jam and are sung by churches both large and small in every denomination throughout the world.
Magen Thurman and Micah Tyler teaching the song development process to students.