Statement of Faith
We believe that the Church is made up of born-again believers (John 3:1-23) who profess Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone as the way to the Father (John 14:6). Each believer has differing life experiences, personalities, levels of maturity, cultural differences, and denominational vantage points. Each believer is responsible to work out their own salvation (Phil 2:12-13), through the power of the Holy Spirit informed by and in submission to the the Word of God.
People & Songs wholeheartedly agree on these core statements of faith:
- We believe in One God who is The Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- We believe God created the world
- We believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary
- We believe Jesus humbled Himself to death and was crucified on a cross as the sacrificial Lamb of God for our sins
- We believe He was buried in a tomb and He rose from the dead three days later
- We believe Christ ascended to heaven and will come again one day to judge the living and the dead
- We believe The Holy Spirit conforms and empowers us to live and be like Jesus
- We believe God forgives those who repent and He saves us to eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ alone
- We believe in the resurrection of the saints and life in the world to come
- We believe the long-awaited and only Messiah is Jesus Christ the Lord. There has never been another nor will there ever be.
- We believe The Bible is the Word of God
Jesus told us in the scriptures, what His vision is: A pure and spotless Bride without wrinkle (Eph 5:27); who is filled with joy (John 15:1-11,16:24, Prov 31:25, Ps 57:8,Ps 149:5-9); living out Jesus’ final requests (John 17:8-26); fulfilling the great commision (Matt 28:18-20); and eagerly and wisely seeking His return (Matt 25, 1 Thes 1:4, Rev 1:4-7, Rev 22:17). The Bride, as His co-heir representative (Rom 8:17) is the most powerful voice on the planet (Mark 11:23, John14:12-14). With His name (Phil 2:9-11), His blood (Rev 12:11), His Truth (2 Tim 3:16, Romans 1:16), His Spirit (Acts 2:17-21, Matt 28:18-20), His authority (Matt 10:1, 8, 1 John 5:14, Matt 28:18-20) , His provision (Exodus 13:21-22, John 6:31-35, Matt 6:25-34, Matt 28:18-20), HIs promises (2 Cor 1:20, 7:1, 2 Pet 3:9, Matt 28:18-20), His protection (Ps 3:3, Exodus 13:21-22, Matt 26:52-54, Matt 28:18-20) and His seal. We have everything we need to do everything He has asked (2 Peter 1:3-4) and therefore, we will.